While the audience is aware of Octodad's true identity, and likely think it is obvious that he is really an octopus and not a human, everyone in the game is oblivious to his tentacles and octopus-like face, and believe that he is really a human being. The slogan for the game Octodad, "Nobody Suspects A Thing", is clear evidence of this fact.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Edit
Octodad has a great grip, his tentacles let him latch onto things without ever letting go. Due to the fact he is an octopus, he moves very clumsly and he has no bones. (Even for skilled players) Also, he can stretch very far.
Scarlet is Octodad's loving wife. They seem to have a good relationship, although she seems to be saddened by her husband's secretive nature.
Stacy is very confident in Octodad. Until his secret was revealed in Octodad: Dadliest Catch, she was the only member of the family that knew that Octodad was an octopus all along.
Tommy and Octodad have some kind of love-hate relationship.
Chef Fujimoto and Octodad were enemies, until Octodad gave him a friendly hug.
- He hates bananas, due to constantly tripping over them.
- He thinks aquariums are "festering prisons of iniquity"
- Despite communicating by blubs, everyone seems to perfectly understand him.
- It is implied that he misses living in the sea to some extent, given his "blub of relaxation and content" uttered while in the shark tank.
- His apparent favorite drink is coffee with sea salt and tartar sauce due to it giving him his more movement.
- His age is unknown.
- According to his backstory, he boarded the fishing ship, and disguised himself as the captain, finding Scarlet, who was a stowaway, and married her.
- In Octodad: Dadliest Catch when he wakes up at the beginning of the game, he wakes up at 2 pm.